To be successful as a trainer, one should have strong analytical and observational skills.
Teacher Trainer Responsibilities:
- Observing lessons and identifying teachers’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Providing feedback, advice, and individual training sessions for teachers.
- Organizing workshops, training sessions, and events where guest speakers inspire teachers.
- Collaborating with teachers and other staff to develop improved curricula, lesson plans, assessments, and classroom management techniques.
- Setting weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for teachers as well as students, and providing advice and guidance to ensure these goals are met.
- Returning to classrooms to reassess progress once teachers have completed their training.
- Supervising classroom activities, taking notes, and writing up reports to share with school administrators and relevant stakeholders.
- Developing new strategies and plans for an improved learning experience.
- Keeping abreast of developments in teaching as well as your relevant subject area.
- Building teacher networks and encouraging teachers to share their resources and knowledge.
Teacher Trainer Requirements:
- Master’s degree in education or the subject discipline.
- Extensive teaching experience in the subject area or a related discipline.
- Experience teaching adults might be advantageous.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Patience and resilience.
- A high degree of diplomacy.
- Great conflict resolution skills.
- A valid driver’s license.