Program Accreditation: 1 year Diploma by Medhavi Skill University
1 year – Total hours: 1500 Hours Total
Theory: 450 hours – Internship: 1050 Hours
1-year Diploma in Food Production
Food Production Diploma program is designed to develop the culinary skills amongst students and to prepare them for Catering and Hospitality Industry. The program is designed to train students about food production operations for a five star hotel. Students will able to understand basic cooking styles and different cuts of the vegetable, basic kitchen ethics, stock, and soup preparation.
Eligibility & Admission
Minumum Passed 10+2 or equivalent with English as one of the subjects .
|Registration Fee (One Time)||2,000/-INR|
- Diploma program will help the student to perform the standard operations of food production relating to various cuisines and satisfy the guest needs.
- Diploma student will learn the use various commodities which will help them in creativity & innovation.
- Diploma program will comprehend the student to differentiate between the quality of commodities & ingredients which will help them in preparing a good quality final product.
- Professional Diploma after 10+2.
- Opportunity to build career in food industry.
- Internship in hotel industry.
- Foreign opportunities on completion of the course.
- Scope of becoming entrepreneurs in the field.
There are enormous opportunities for the students in the fast growing hospitality industry upon completion of this Program: Frontline Cooks in Hotels, Restaurants and Cruise lines, Airlines, Institutions and Catering Establishments, Entrepreneurs etc. Students can even target foreign internships & placements after gaining the appropriate skillset.
Importance Of Kitchen In Hotel & Catering Establishments
Methods Of Cooking With Special Application To Meat, Fish, Vegetables, Cheese, Pulses And Egg
Balancing Of Recipes, Standardisation Of Recipes, Standard Yield, Maintaining Recipe Files
Roux Balance, Roux Blond And Roux Bruno
Kitchen Stewarding And Upkeep Of Equipment
Municipal Health Laws
Commodities And Costing
Prevailing Food Standards In India
Brief Introduction Of Tea, Coffee, Cocoa
Methods Of Food Preservation
Importance Of Costing And Cost Dynamics
Organisation & Layout. Larder Control
Salads – Classification
Assembling Cold Buffets, and Sandwiches.
Different Types Of Forcement And Their Uses
Cleaning And Care Of Larder Equipment
Accounting Records And Controls