Getting education from any leading college might be dream of many aspiring students. ‘How do you choose a College?’ is one of the thought which triggers every students mind who is in this phase but as everyone’s different there’s no single answer. It depends on you, and what you’re looking for. There are certain parameters which must be considered before deciding the college as below:
1) Faculty : Explore the options and focus on college which have good blend of faculty and professionals as guest faculty to impart education and provide practical know- how for the program.
2) Industry exposure opportunities: Getting training from industry experts will give an extra edge and this industry exposure will help you for your future role.
3) Accreditation: Always checkaccreditation of the college either the college is accredited by educationauthorities or not.
4) Location of the institute: Colleges located nearbusiness hub provides opportunity to work with any of the industry or getinternship easily.
5) Course fee: The fee plays avery important role at the time of admission because many students in thecountry drop the idea of going for higher education because lack of money. However, Educational loan could also be availed in case family background of the student is poor
6) Placement opportunities and Average salary: One should look for the placement details like which are the top recruiter of the college, which are the companies that come to college every year to recruit students. If the college has a very impressive placement record and students bagged hefty pay packages every year it attracts a large number of students.
7) Ideal Environment: College isn't just a place for intellectual development--it is a place for social and personal development as well. Your level of involvement is an integral part ofthe experience so you should carefully consider the social aspect of any schools you're considering.
8) Electives and options: The core curriculum is effectively the same everywhere and it doesn't matter too much where you do it. Electives however, differ significantly from college to college, according to faculty staff interest and expertise. External projects, will also vary. In case of universities, look for curriculum also
9) Alumni interaction : Chances to interact with the alumni provides opportunities to students to learn from experiences of the pass outs and to cope up the shortcomings if there are any
10) Seminars, workshops, conferences organised per semester: Larger number of seminars, workshops conferences if organized by college provides an opportunity to remove stage fear and improve personality and communication skills.
11) Industry interaction: Interaction with industry experts if provided by colleges gives students chance toknow real requirement of corporate world when one gets placed
12) Personality development and soft skill opportunities: Colleges which have focus on personality development or soft skills opportunities shouldbe looked upon as they help in all round development of students.
13) Infrastructure : Colleges with apt infrastructure should be .preferred
14) Lab facilities: Good laboratory facility improves technical know how and improves practical knowledge.
15) Scholarships: Students should consider colleges which provide scholarships to once who performs better than the rest. This acts as motivating factor.
16) Industry exposure opportunities: Industrial visits and excursions organized by colleges provide opportunity to have knowledge about working environment.
17) Results of existing students : Colleges with track record of good results should be focused upon